It’s time for a grab-bag edition of the Weekend Links, powered by the new Pearl Jam album (although, for this column, maybe Loverboy is more appropriate).
- Big series with the Tigers this weekend (four years ago who could have seen that coming?). Hopefully Jim Leyland keeps his pants on.
- Among Leyland’s former players are Mike Redmond and Louis Castillo. No word on if Leyland’s pants superstition inspired another.
- It’s hard to tell if Silva’s game on Thursday was due to a fix in his mechanics, or due to facing the Royals.
- I think I know how to fix Kyle Lohse, too. Have him switch bodies.
- About half way down this Baseball America chat, Matt Meyers compares Santana and Liriano to the Big Unit/Schilling Arizona combination that won a World Series. Of course, to win the World Series, it helps to be higher than fourth in your division.
- I’m glad Nick M. is feeling optimistic.
- Maybe old Carl is paying more for this new stadium than we thought.
- Even the worst ballpark food isn’t this bad.
- Hopefully SBG never gets this mad at Gardenhire.
- The Mighty MJD brings you: If NBA Playoff Teams Were 80s Sitcoms! My favorite:
Memphis Grizzlies: The Dom DeLuise Show
Both were cancelled quickly, although you can’t deny that both were also helped out quite a bit by the beards on their stars.
- On the topic of the NBA, I hope, if nothing else, that you’re all watching the Suns/Lakers series. Those 6 games (with game 7 tonight!), along with the insane Cleveland/Washington set (Damon Jones!), Chicago putting up a fight with Miami, Dirk solidifying his title as “Best Foreign Guy” over Pau… Awesome first round. Nope, no link there.