Powered by some of the finest facial hair this side of Gen. Burnside, it’s on to the links.
- Even the power of the ‘burns wasn’t enough on Thursday; the Twins dropped 1/2 game behind Chicago after losing to Toronto, 5-0. The Twins couldn’t muster a rally off of Jays starter Ted Lilly, who pitched 6 shutout innings. The White Sox held on to beat the Yankees, 5-4.
- Seth runs down the minor league system here. Alexi Casilla, acquired in the JC Romero trade, continues to play extremely well.
- Of course, Seth’s pitcher of the month might be familiar. Uber-prospect Matt Garza makes his major league debut against Toronto tonight. The Twins need a lift after the loss of Liriano; hopefully, Garza will be able to provide it.
- Speaking of Liriano, ESPN has the latest here. I’m no doctor (I just play one on TV), but the injury, as described, doesn’t sound cataclysmic. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the F-Bomb being dropped out of the bullpen over the last few weeks, if the Twins are still seriously in the hunt. As for starting… I’m not holding my breath.
- The home nine clocks in at #4 in ESPN’s power rankings. So we’ve got that going for us. Which is nice.
- The action-packed game of baseball at its finest.
- And finally, for next Friday’s links, I hope to bring you an interview with Farney.