Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to another edition of the Weekend Links. It’s been a busy stretch in Twins-land, so let’s get right to it.
- It was a big night last night for Justin “Don’t Call Me Curly” Morneau; two big flies, including the walk-off with two out in the bottom of the twelfth. The Chairman added three hits to his ledger, raising his MLB-leading average to .384. He’s currently at .384/.443/.542, and is not in the top five in the All-Star voting.
- And old face is popping up in the bullpen once again. Anyone that says they saw this coming is lying. Terry Ryan says that Lohse “…showed some leadership. … He showed results.” Obviously, 23 doubles do not qualify as “results.” This, on the other hand, is apparently what counts as “leadership” and “results”.
- Bob Ley has the inside scoop on baseball’s steroid problem.
- John Brattain of The Hardball Times passes judgment.
- And, finally, cursing for a cause.
Have a good weekend, kiddies.