(Oh, and I apologize in advance for how far down below this the table is. It has to do with how blogger handles white space. Which, by the way is "not well". It's there. Just scroll down a bit.)
|CF||· Re-signing Hunter will cost approximately $16M/year for several years.|
· You can offer Jason Tyner arbitration for approximately $1 million.
· You can promote Denard Span, AAA CF hitting .252/.302/.359 and pay him $.4M
· Other free agent CFs and their approximate cost…
o Aaron Rowand - $12M
o Andruw Jones - $10M
o Mike Cameron - $8M
o Corey Patterson - $4M
o Darin Erstad - $2M
|3B||· You can hand it back to Nick Punto (who is already listed at MI) and just list his replacement here for approximately $1M.|
· You can hand it to Brian Buscher (who is already at CI) and just list his replacement here for approximately .5M
· Other free agent 3B and their approximate cost….
o Alex Rodriguez - $28M
o Mike Lowell - $12M
o Mike Lamb - $7M
o Russel Branyan, Morgan Ensberg, Abraham Nunez - $2-3M
|DH||· You can bring back Rondell White for…oh, who are we kidding? Nobody is bringing back Rondell White.|
· Other possible free agent DHs and their approximate cost….
o Adam Dunn - $15M
o Moises Alou, Geoff Jenkins, Bobby Abreu - $8M
o Jeff Conine, Sean Casey - $6M
o Mike Sweeney - $4M
|5th starter||· Francisco Liriano, Kevin Slowey or Glen Perkins will cost about $400,000.|
· Re-signing Carlos Silva will likely cost $4-5M
· If you want more experience, free agent Ps and their approximate cost….
o Curt Schilling - $15M
o Kenny Rogers, Freddy Garcia - $8M
|4th OF||· You can offer Jason Tyner arbitration for approximately $750,000.|
· A veteran free agent will cost about $1M
|Last Bench||· A fifth outfielder free agent will cost about $.5M|
· You can promote someone from the minors like Garret Jones, Matt Tolbert or Denard Span for $.4M
· Another middle infield free agent will cost about $.8M
· A left-handed bench bat with some power will cost about $1M.
|MR||· Bringing back Rincon will cost about $2 million|
· You can promote a pitcher from the minors, like Glen Perkins, Carmen Cali or even start Francisco Liriano again in the bullpen for $.4M
· A veteran free agent will cost anywhere from $.5M to $2.5M depending on how much success they’ve had recently.
|Long Relief||· You can promote a pitcher from the minors, like Glen Perkins, Nick Blackburn, or Brian Duensing for $.4M|
· A long relief veteran will probably cost around $1M
|TOTAL||$||· Remember, it needs to be under $30 M unless you’re going to start searching the cushions of Carl’s couch.|
How’d you do? Did you improve the offense? Did you add power? Are you relying on young pitching? And, most importantly, is your boss going to be happy with how much you spent?
Great. Now let us know by commenting below. (Unless, of course, it involves Sidney Ponson. Then you might want to try again.)